Great Natural Products
freezeRx - Roll on, 3 oz
Our Low price:
Mother Nature Resveratrol
Our Low price:
Procaine Ultra GH9 ( Ultimate 9 ), 100mg Procaine HCL - 60 Capsules
Acidophilus For Cats & Kittens, Kosher & Dairy Free, Cat Supplement - 16 fl. oz. - Dynamic Health
Ecos Liquid All Natural Laudry Detergent, Lemongrass, Earth Friendly Products - 50 oz
Our Low price: $6.75
Immune Support Group for Infants & Children ( Vitamin C, Echinacea, First Defense )
Our Low price:
Kava Root Powder, Taveuni Kava (1/2 lb. Premium, Pure Kava Root, Organic, Vegetarian)
Low price: $29.95
DMSO Liquid / Dimethylsulfoxide, 99.9% Pure Concentrate - 16 fl. oz.
Our Low price: $12.32
Your Complete Herbal Supplement Super Store!
|Kombucha Tea Recipe at a Quick Glance:
1. Boil 3 qts distilled or purified water
2. Add 1 cup white sugar
3. Boil 5 minutes
4. Turn off heat & add 4 tea bags or 4 tsp. loose leaf Black or Green tea
5. Steep 15 minutes
6. Remove tea bags or leaves & let cool
7. Pour cooled liquid into fermenting container
8. Add Kombucha Culture & 1 cup Fermented Kombucha Tea as a starter
9. Cover with a thin cotton fabric or paper towel & let ferment 10 - 15 days.
When working in any kitchen with food products, it is important to remember cleanliness is essential. Canning, drying and freezing can be done safely in any home kitchen. Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water is very important. Set aside a special time for preparing the Kombucha Tea during which you will be uninterrupted. If you do get interrupted, you will have to wash your hands again. Gather and wash the utensils you will need. You may want to use these only for making the Kombucha Tea. Remove all metal jewelry. The metal in your jewelry may not adversely affect your Kombucha, but the bacteria harbored in it might contaminate it. Wash your hands and all utensils with soap and hot water and rinse well. Now you are ready to begin the brewing process.
Required Utensils You will need:
a four quart stainless steel pot (Don't use aluminum).
a wooden or stainless steel spoon.
a measuring teaspoon and measuring cup.
a one-gallon glass jar to ferment the tea in.
netting, coffee filter, linen cloth, paper towels or any other clean breathable covering.
a tea ball, coffee filter or netting (only if you use loose leaf tea)
4 teaspoons tea (or 4 tea bags).
1 cup sugar (white or brown).
a rubber band.
a Kombucha Culture
1 cup fermented Kombucha Tea Starter (or 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar)
The Brewing Process:
1. Boil three quarts of water. Distilled or purified water is best.
2. Add 1 cup white sugar when a rolling boil is reached. Remember, the sugar is added to feed the bacteria and yeast in the Culture. With adequate starting sugar and a short period of fermentation, the Tea yields a lot of energy with relatively few metabolic products and small amounts of residual sugar. If allowed to ferment longer, the Tea still yields a lot of energy, but the metabolic products are increased and there is little residual sugar. This produces a more sour, vinegary tasting Tea.
3. Boil water and sugar for five minutes.
4. Turn off heat and add 4 tsp. or 4 tea bags of black or orange pekoe tea.
5. Steep 10-15 minutes and remove tea leaves or bags and let tea cool to room temperature.
6. Add the Kombucha Culture. The "baby" will grow on the top of the "mother." Most Cultures float on the surface of the liquid. Don't worry if yours sinks to the bottom or stays at an angle, it may rise in a few days. If it doesn't, it will still form a new "baby" on the surface of the brewing solution. This acidifies the starting tea making it unikely any organisms besides the Kombucha Culture grow in it.
7. Place breathable linen covering over the opening of the jar and secure with a rubber band. This keeps dust, mold, spores and vinegar flies out of the fermenting Tea.
8. Let sit undisturbed in a place at a room temperature, however, for optimum results, a temerature of 80-6 F is recommended. for 10 - 15 days. The Culture will grow better if the temperature is kept consistent. Keep out of direct sunlight. The Culture does not need light to grow. Placing your Culture in a dark cupboard or room may acidify it earlier - just taste test it earlier and, if need be, harvest it earlier. Fresh air is important, the organisms in the Culture need oxygen to grow, reproduce and ferment the Tea. Do not smoke in the same room as growing Cultures. If you cook a lot of greasy foods, do not keep your Cultures in the kitchen. Oils may land on the K-tea and float in the surface where the Culture lives, thus interfering with its growth. To eliminate guesswork, after 10 days, test the acidity (pH) of the brew with a pH test strip to read 3.0, but preferably closer to 2.8.
9. To make sure the Tea is ready to harvest, perform the pH test, and then pour off a couple of ounces for a taste test. A taste test on a batch of Kombucha Tea may taste like this:
4 - 6 Days - Too sweet, not all sugar converted.
7 - 9 Days - May taste like sparkling apple cider.
10 + Days - Vinegary taste becoming precaptable (sweet & sour).
If you notice the Tea becoming too strong or fermented, dilute it with fruit juice. You can also use it for table vinegar if you wish.
10. When the Tea is brewed to your taste, remove the two Cultures. Gently separate and place them in a glass jar covered with a cloth or paper towel and refrigerate. In fermented tea, it is sufficient to cover the culture.
11. Pour off the fermented Tea and bottle it into glass bottles. You can also use clean beer or wine bottles capped with a cork. Filtering is not necessary, but you can filter if you wish. Use a yogurt strianer.
12. Date and label the bottled Tea and put it in the refrigerator. Although I do not recommend it, some people store their bottled K-Tea at room temperature with success (sometimes the build-up of carbon dioxide will cause the unrefrigerated bottled K-Tea to explode). The Kombucha organisms' growth slows or stops when refrigerated or cooled. The K-Tea will age the longer it sits. Refrigerated bottled K-Tea is good for at least one year, possibly longer.
13. Begin drinking 1/4 cup (2 ounces) daily on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, you can drink it after eating. The different constituents of the Tea will work on the body differently depending on if there is food in one's body or not. (If you wish, you can start with a daily dose of 1/4 cup). After two weeks, include another half cup dose in the afternoon. After a month, you can add another dose of a half cup - taking three half cup doses everyday. It is not necessary to increase your dose, unless for a specific reasons. For weight loss, it does suppress the appetite and is great for removing the urge for in-between meal snacks! REMEMBER TO DRINK PLENTY OF WATER TO FLUSH THE TOXINS FROM YOUR BODY. It was reported the doctors in the Soviet military hospitals gave their patients one liter of Kombucha each day. That's approximately four cups a day! It is important to find out for yourself what the best dose of the Kombucha Tea will most benefit your body. Ask your Higher Self, pray to God, ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit, use your intuition or do whatever you feel comfortable with, but whatever you do, "Know Yourself!" Tune into your body and feel what is best for you. Remember, too much of a good thing is not always the best.
14. It is the responsibility of all who drink Kombucha to be aware of contaminants. BECAUSE OF THE ACIDITY AND OTHER FACTORS IN THE KOMBUCHA CULTURE, IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY IT WOULD BECOME CONTAMINATED. As with any home cooking, canning, dehydrating, freezing, or brewing of wine or beer; common sense must be used and contamination has to be considered if the food products smell bad or have molds growing on them. In the fermenting container, carbonic acid bubbles can push up portions of the Culture making foamy bubbles that look like, but are not mold. Brown streamers are cells from the Culture and can be strained or washed off, but is not necessary to do this. Sometimes air bubbles make holes in the Culture pattie. Other times it may have brown edges. Cultures vary in color from white, gray, tan and brown. Paul Stamets, a noted mycologist states "... most often the contaminants are green, pink or black mold-islands floating on the surface of the tea." Healthy Cultures should feel firm and rubbery. Discard any Cultures that fall apart easily. Make sure your fermenting tea smells vinegary. If it smells foul, or if you're in doubt, throw out the Tea and Culture and start with a new Culture and a new batch of Tea. It is a good idea to always keep at least one extra Culture in the refrigerator as a back-up in the unlikely case your fermenting Culture gets contaminated. WITH PROPER CARE, THE KOMBUCHA CULTURE WILL LAST YOU A LIFETIME.
Click Below to return to Kombucha Products
|A. F. Distribution / Kombucha ProductsAll Kombucha Cultures are grown fresh and then shipped. Therefore, when purchasing a Kombucha Culture (alone or in a kit), you must allow 5 to 10 days, plus delivery time - before you will receive your order.|
|Kombucha Miracle Fungus - Kombucha Tea Benefit s - By Harald Tietze - Paperback - 1 bookOne time best seller, Kombucha Miracle Fungus is all about synergy and Kombucha Tea Benefit 's it is an easy read for those interested in the synergy Kombucha offers or Kombucha benefit's.|
|Kombucha Organic Mushroom Culture, Extra Large, 100% Organic, In 1/2 Gallon Glass ContainerIf you want to brew your own Kombusha Tea, you will need to purchase a Kombucha mushroom. Grown in beautiful Agua Dulce, California, these mushrooms are 100% Organic, pure, robust and vigorous.|
|Kombucha Mushroom Tea Ready To Drink, Original Flavor, 6 eaKombucha's benefits to the physical body vary widely. It is said to enhance the immune system. By detoxifying the body, kombucha makes it unlikely for disease causing bacteria and viruses to find a suitable growth environment. This results in a healthier physical body!|
|Kombucha Tea 100% Organic, Original Flavor 25.4 fl. oz. Case of (24) Ready to DrinkPeople from all over the world claim drinking Kombucha Tea provides relief from many physical ailments. Kombucha Tea offers many people the physical resistance they need to maintain and restore health.|
|Kombucha Tea 100% Organic, Original Flavor, 12 fl. oz. Case of (24) Ready To DrinkPeople from all over the world claim drinking Kombucha Tea provides relief from many physical ailments. Kombucha Tea offers many people the physical resistance they need to maintain and restore health.|
|Kombucha Tea Brewing Video, 1 eaThis video covers all you need to know for successful cultivation, fermentation, propagation, storage, and many uses of the miracle mushroom.|
|Kombucha PH Test Strips - 50 strips per PackTake the guesswork out of brewing kombucha tea with our line of Kombucha mushroom accessories - Kombucha pH test strips.|
|Kombucha Electric Heating Panel Size - 9 1/4" X 9 1/4 " - 1 panelA Kombucha Electric Heating Panel will keep your mushroom at a perfect temperature of between 80 - 84 degrees and give you full control over the process, no matter how cold it gets outside.|
|Glass Jar (Empty), with plastic Lid, Case of 4 / One Gallon Jars, Kombucha Tea Fermentation JarThe perfect size and shape for fermenting tea. You will find that this modestly priced jar is easy to handle and will suit your needs while taking less space for convenient brewing and storing.|
|Kombucha Gold - Organic Tea Brewing Kit (1 - Kombucha Culture, 1 - Elixer Book, 50 - pH strips)A home-brewing package which includes all you need to start brewing your own Kombucha Tea at Home. This package includes 1 living mushroom, 112 page book "The Miracle Fungus" 5th edition and several ounces of fermented "starter" tea.|
|Kombucha Magic, Organic Tea Brewing Kit, (1 -Kombucha Culture, 1 - Instruction DVD, 50 - pH strips)For those who prefer a visual demonstration of the brewing process we have created a home brewing package.|
|Kombucha Gold Deluxe, Organic Tea Brewing Kit (1 - Kombucha Culture, 1- Elixir Book, 4 - One Gallon Jars, 1- Heating Panel, 50 - PH Test Strips)This package includes one Organic living mushroom, the "ELIXIR! Kombucha Tea" book, a Kombucha pH test strip vial, a four-pack of one gallon glass jars and a heating panel.|
|Kombucha Magic Deluxe, Organic Tea Brewing Kit, (1 - Kombucha Culture, 1- Instructional VHS Tape, 4 - One Gallon Jars, 1- Heating Panel, 50 - PH Test Strips)This Kombucha Kit offers an excellent combination for ease of brewing, handling and storing including an instructional VHS. All you need to know, and all the equipment to get the job done right.|
|Kombucha / Kombucha Mushroom Supplements & ProductsBuy Kombucha supplements and products that contain kombucha.|
|Supplement Dictionary - All Herbal Supplements, Dietary Supplements & InformationA complete Index of Nutritional Supplements, Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals & Natural Health Products|
In accordance with FDA regulation, we do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 All rights reserved.