Great Natural Products
freezeRx - Roll on, 3 oz
Our Low price:
Mother Nature Resveratrol
Our Low price:
Procaine Ultra GH9 ( Ultimate 9 ), 100mg Procaine HCL - 60 Capsules
Acidophilus For Cats & Kittens, Kosher & Dairy Free, Cat Supplement - 16 fl. oz. - Dynamic Health
Ecos Liquid All Natural Laudry Detergent, Lemongrass, Earth Friendly Products - 50 oz
Our Low price: $6.75
Immune Support Group for Infants & Children ( Vitamin C, Echinacea, First Defense )
Our Low price:
Kava Root Powder, Taveuni Kava (1/2 lb. Premium, Pure Kava Root, Organic, Vegetarian)
Low price: $29.95
DMSO Liquid / Dimethylsulfoxide, 99.9% Pure Concentrate - 16 fl. oz.
Our Low price: $12.32
Your Complete Herbal Supplement Super Store!
|Jiaogulan contains a large quantity of these saponins, known also as gypenosides. The structure of the gypenosides is very similar to the panaxosides (also known as ginsenosides) found in ginseng. There are four times as many saponins in jiaogulan as there is in ginseng. Some of those saponins are identical to the panaxosides in ginseng and some of them turn into panaxosides when taken into the body. This results in a greater number of saponins than ginseng, which may translate into a more powerful regulatory effect on a number of bodily systems; like blood pressure, the reproductive system, the digestive system, the immune system, mental functions and more. 1,2|
Wild Jiaogulan Herb
Jiaogulan gynostemma ( gymnostemma pentaphyllum ).
Scientific research studies in China have shown that jiaogulan decreases cholesterol by improving the liver's ability to send sugar and carbohydrates to the muscles for conversion to energy instead of turning the sugar into triglycerides which the body stores as fat.3 It lowers LDL's (bad cholesterol) while raising HDL's (good cholesterol). It improves fat metabolism, reduces blood fat levels and depresses lipid peroxide and fat sediment in the blood vessels. 4
While it is great for rectifying high cholesterol and obesity problems, it can also improve and strengthen the digestion, allowing an underweight person to increase absorption of nutrients and gain weight in the form of lean muscle mass. This regulatory effect on bodily functions is the hallmark of an adaptogen. 5
A study at Guiyang Medical College in China has shown that a jiaogulan recipe increased strength and endurance in the body. Considering the above statements overall, jiaogulan becomes the perfect herb for anyone who wants to improve their competitive edge in any field of athletic performance. 6
Adaptogenic functions of jiaogulan are demonstrated in its biphasic effects on brain functions, which energize or calm the system depending upon the body’s need. 7 Jiaogulan also aids the regulation of hormonal functions in both men and women. The healthy maintenance of these physiological actions plays a major role in the body's ability to cope with stress. 8 Jiaogulan has also shown its effectiveness, in clinical research studies, in helping the body resist depression of the immune system and other stress-related symptoms. It increases the production of Lymphocytes, Phagocytes and serum IgG, but not to an excess. 9
Jiaogulan has also demonstrated anti-inflammatory activities through its many saponins. 10 Jiaogulan also helps the body to resist depression of the immune system and other stress-related symptoms. 11,12 Furthermore there are other clinical research studies, which indicate jiaogulan's ability to reduce tumor size. 13,14 It can even lower high blood pressure. 15
In China jiaogulan is praised as the “Herb of Immortality,” due to its many health giving qualities and anti-aging effects.
1. Song, W.M., et al. “Comparison of the adaptogenic effects of jiaogulan and ginseng.” Zhong Cao Yao. Chinese. 1992; 23(3):136.
2. Wei, Y., et al. “The effect of gypenosides to raise White Blood Count.” Zhong Cao Yao. Chinese. 1993; 24, 7, 382.
3. Kimura, Y., et al. “Effects of crude saponins of Gynostemma pentaphyllum on lipid metabolism.” Shoyakugaku Zasshi. Japanese. 1983 (Rec’d 1984); 37(3):272-275.
4. Yu, C. “Therapeutic effect of tablet gypenosides on 32 patients with hyperlipaemia.” Hu Bei Zhong Yi Za Zhi. Chinese. 1993; 15(3):21.
5. Zhou, S., et al. “Pharmacological study on the adaptogenic function of jiaogulan and jiaogulan compound.” Zhong Cao Yao. Chinese. 1990; 21(7):313.
6. Zhou, Ying-Na, et al. “Effects of a gypenosides-containing tonic on the pulmonary function in exercise workload.” Journal of Guiyang Medical College.1993; 8(4):261.
7. Zhang, Yi-Qun, et al. “Immediate effects of a gypenosides-containing tonic on the echocardiography of healthy persons of various ages.” Journal of Guiyang Medical College. 1993; 18(4):261.
8. Zhou, Ying-Na, et al. Influence of kiwifruit/jiaogulan recipe on the lung function and exercise endurance under exercise workload. Journal of Guiyang Medical College. 1993; 18(4):256.
9. Liu, Jialiu, et al. Overall health-strengthening effects of a gypenosides-containing tonic in middle aged and aged persons. Journal of Guiyang Medical College. 1993; (3):146.
10. Li, Lin, et al. Protective Effect of Gypenosides Against Oxidative Stress in Phagocytes, Vascular Endothelial Cells and Liver Microsomes. Loma Linda University, Calif. Cancer Biotherapy. 1993; 8(3):263-272.
11. Hou, J., et al. Effects of Gynostemma pentaphyllum Makino on the immunological function of cancer patients. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. (K9K). 1991; 11(1):47-52.
12. Qian, Hao, et al. Protective effect of jiaogulan on cellular immunity of patients with primary long cancer treated with radiotherapy plus chemotherapy. Acta Academiae Medicinae Shanghai. 1995; 22(5):363-366.
13. Han, M.Q., et al. Effects of 24 Chinese medicinal herbs on nucleic acid, protein and cell cycle of human lung adenocarcinoma cell. Chung Kuo Chung His I Chieh Ho Tsa Chih (BIF). Chinese. 1995 Mar; 15(3):147-9.
14. Wu, J.L., et al. Influence of gypenosides on thrombosis and synthesis of TXA2 and PGF1a. Zhong Yao Yao Li Yu Lin Chuang. Chinese. 1991; 7(2):39.
15. Lu, G.H., et al. Comparative study on anti-hypertensive effect of Gypenosides, Ginseng and Indapamide in patients with essential hypertension. Guizhou Medical Journal. Chinese. 1996; 20:1.
For More Info On Products Click On Item Descriptions.
|Jiaogulan: China's Immortality Herb, Unlocking the Secrets of Nature's Powerful Adaptogen and Antioxidant, By Dr. Jialiu Liu & Michael BlumertThis is the first book to reveal the complete history as well as the traditional and modern uses of Jiaogulan, and how it came to become known as the Immortality Herb in China.|
|Herbal Tea, Jiaogulan, 40 eaGet all the remarkable benefits of jiaogulan with this slightly bitter, slightly sweet tasting tea.|
|Herbal Tea, Premium Organic Jiaogulan, 20 eaGet all the benefits of jiaogulan with this remarkable healing Jiaogulan tea.|
|Jiaogulan Tea Pills, 150 mg- 90 capsEach Jiaogulan tea pill is formulated using select quality herbs, extracted and made into pill form by a Good Manufacturing Practices certified factory.|
|Jiaogulan (Standardized), 90 vegi capThese Jiaogulan capsules come standardized to 98% gypenosides in 60mg vegetarian capsules.|
In accordance with FDA regulation, we do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 All rights reserved.